Sunday, August 8, 2010

Dairy-Free, Soy-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

I tried this recipe for the first time today. I've had trouble finding butter alternatives that were milk and soy free, so I could bake goodies Reef could eat. We all liked the results of this recipe. I found it on the Soy Dream box. You can also find it at www.TasteTheDream.com.


Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 cup whole wheat flour (I used 1/2 c and added 1 c left-over oatmeal cooked in vanilla rice milk, so I didn't add rice milk to this recipe)
1 cup white flour
¾ c chocolate chips or carob (I used allergen-free chocolate chips from health food store-you could also chop up a 72% or higher chocolate bar. Above 72 %, they use very little to no milk products in the chocolate.)
½ canola oil
½ c walnuts or pecans
¾ c maple syrup (Didn't have so used 1/4 to 1/2 cup natural log cabin syrup and some brown sugar and white sugar to taste)
1 tsp vanilla (I used 11/2)
½ c rice milk
1 tbs baking powder (be sure to mix this in with your flour well, so you don't hit clumps of bp
1tsp salt (my addition)

mix together (dry ingredients first). Preheat oven to 350. Drop spoonfuls onto lightly oiled cookie sheet. Bake 10-20 minutes until edges begin to brown. Makes 12 large or 3 dozen small cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment